they've always told me I should write a book of my random thoughts

Friday, September 28, 2007

Uncomfortable

Tonight I lost it. I blew up. Well, not so much as blew, more of threw a hissy fit. And I don't like throwing hissy fits. Wait, I take that back, since my sisters read this. I don't mind throwing hissy fits at home when my sisters cause them or when it's just to annoy them. Besides, I'm the baby, that's what we're suppose to do. But I don't like throwing hissy fits in a place where I am suppose to be professional. But when someone pushes you to where you are extremely uncomfortable, what are you suppose to do.

You see this person that I work with just makes me uncomfortable. Possibly because he doesn't grasp the concept of personal space. Possibly because he likes to lean right up against you. Possibly because he will go to dinner slightly after I do and sit with me, when all I want to do is sit there and read my book and be anti-social in the 30 minutes that I have to myself in the entire eight and a half hour stretch. Possible because it feels like he's hitting on you everyday even though he's married. But it's mostly the personal bubble.

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind some, people invading my personal bubble, and when I say some I mean very few. But people that I work with and deal with in a professional manner are not in that few. I don't quite understand why people think that I'm a touchy-feely person. Maybe they think that southeners are touchy-feely or maybe it's because I'm Christian. I have actually had someone tell me to give them a hug because I am a Christian and "Christians like to hug people." News Flash: I AM NOT A TOUCHY-FEELY PERSON! I LIKE MY PERSONAL BUBBLE!!!

So I lost it. Just briefly. And I'm not sorry I did. Because no one invaded my personal space the rest of the night. I am glad that our lead tech was not there at the time, though. I just don't want to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home