they've always told me I should write a book of my random thoughts

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Do Over

If I could have any day to do over again, I think I would choose today. Today has been one of the best days I have had in a very long time. Today I actually felt like myself, and relaxed, without all the anxiety and longing that I've recently felt.

I woke up in kind of a surreal moment, not really sure if Saturday night had actually happened or not. I watched probably 3 ABC Family movies today. I went to a nature conservatory with two friends and walked through the snow. I never knew snow covered trees could actually look like they do in movies. We walked one of my friend's dog, which made my roommate happy. We took pictures and, for the first time in probably years, I liked a picture of myself. I stepped out of my box and tried something I never thought I'd ever do (went cross-country skiing.) I finished Christmas shopping, well almost finished. I cleaned up my mess that had been building up all week, including the 7 pairs of shoes at the front door. I washed and folded my clothes. I even went to the grocery store and remembered to take the canned sodas out of my car before they exploded.

So I woke up smiling, hung out with people that I like without any pressure to be someone else, I tired something new, got exercise without even trying to, caught up on all the things I'd been putting off. But best of all, I was relaxed the entire day.

There's only one thing that I might consider not redoing: falling down three times while skiing....no, actually I wouldn't change that either. I kind of liked being helped up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home